Roasted Red Pepper, Spinach & Gruyere Omelet
½ Red Bell Pepper diced
½ C Chopped Spinach
2 Eggs, Farm Fresh
1 T Gruyere cheese, shredded
1 T water
Himalayan Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix Eggs and Water well. Add Pepper and Spinach
- Cook over Medium heat with Olive Oil or Avocado Oil.
- Sprinkle cheese on top before cooking is finished.
- Add Salt and Pepper
- Red Bell Pepper is a member of the nightshade family and is very nutrient dense. With only 20 calories per 3 oz serving they have vitamin C, beta-carotene, vitamin K, thiamine, folic acid, and vitamin B6. They are an excellent source of antioxidants and contain lycopene which has been proven to fight heart disease.
- Spinach is an amazing green! It is a great choice in helping to fight cardiovascular disease because it contains a great number of supportive nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Magnesium (for vasodilatation) and Zinc. It also contains dietary nitrate (Nitric Oxide) which helps with the production of L-Arginine, a critical enzyme needed to support the heart’s endothelium.
- Eggs don’t be fooled by what may think you know about eggs, they are an amazingly heart supportive food. Yes, they are high in cholesterol, but recent studies have disproven the cholesterol to heart disease link. Cholesterol is needed for brain and overall organ support. They are high in vitamin K (which supports blood flow). They are also high in B vitamins. They are a good source of selenium, vitamin D and protein.