Tropical Overnight Oatmeal
1 Cup Oat flakes
1 Cup full fat coconut milk
1 Cup water
2 T Chia Seeds
2 ripe bananas
1 mango – chopped
Dash of cinnamon
Prepare the night before:
- The night before, put the oats, chia seeds, coconut milk and water into a glass jar (or your preferred container) and whisk well. Then mash banana with a fork and mix into the mixture. Close tightly with a lid and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning cut up fresh mango and place over oats, sprinkle with cinnamon. You can serve it in bowls or eat it straight from the jar.
- Oatmeal: A staple breakfast food for hundreds (if not thousands of years) and for good reason. It is high in soluble fiber, protein and provides a body energy to lower blood cholesterol.
- Chia Seeds: These little seeds are packed with power. They are high in fiber, containing 10g in 2 tablespoons. They also contain Omega-3 fatty acids with 5g per 2 tablespoons.
- Cinnamon: Studies have shown cinnamon can be used as a digestion aid, asthma inhibitor, and provide relief from menstrual or ulcer issues. Cinnamon contains iron, potassium, zinc, calcium and magnesium. Vitamin A and vitamins from the B group are also found in sticks