Powerhouse Tropical Smoothie
1 C Ice
½ C Guava Juice
½ C Coconut Milk (unsweetened)
1 Very Ripe Banana
1 tsp chia seeds
*optional – handful of Kale or Spinach for extra vitamin & anti-oxidant boost*
Prepare the night before:
- Take Chia Seeds and add them to Guava Juice.
In the morning:
- Place Ice, Guava Juice, Chia Seeds and Coconut Milk in a high power blender. Pulse for 30 seconds
- Add Mango and Banana (greens should be added here)
- Blend until smooth and Enjoy!
- Guava: is low in calories but very high in nutritional value. It is heart supportive because it’s rich in antioxidants, vitamin and minerals. Per 3.5 oz serving 396% RDA for Vitamin C which reduce inflammation and fight free radical damage. It also has Vitamin K, Selenium, Magnesium and Zinc which are important nutrients in battling heart disease.
- Chia Seeds: These little seeds are packed with power. They are high in fiber, containing 10g in 2 tablespoons. They also contain Omega-3 fatty acids with 5g per 2 tablespoons. Omega 3 help reduce inflammation, lowers blood pressure and triglycerides. It helps to raise “good” HCL Cholesterol and supports blood thinning.
- Coconut Milk: this milk has a sweet tropical flavor, is full of fat, minerals and vitamins, perfect to start off any morning. It is high in antioxidants that help defend the body against heart disease. Studies have show the fatty acids in coconut milk, monoglycerides, are used immediately by the body, preventing it from storing fat that can further lead to heart disease.