Healthy Breakfast Cookies
2 Cups oatmeal
¾ tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 Cup raw nut butter
2 rip bananas
¼ Cup agave or honey
½ Cup chopped nuts, seeds and/or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat Oven to 350o.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Spoon tablespoon sized balls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until GBD (golden brown and delicious).
- Oatmeal: is high in beta Glucan which helps balance and strengthen the immune system. Beta glucan is an antioxidant that helps manage inflammation, especially in patients with autoimmune disorders.
- Bananas: Commonly known as a potassium power house that helps active people reenergize after working out, bananas are also packed with anti-inflammatory supportive nutrients. They contain essential fatty acids that support brain function. They are also high in Vitamin C, Riboflavin, Niacin, B6 and Pantothoic Acid. Helpful minerals include Iron, Magnesium and Zinc.
- Honey: Honey has magnesium, zinc, and potassium to name a few minerals. It also has polyphenols that act as antioxidants that can protect the body from free radical damage. Honey is also a source of Riboflavin and B6 which help support the central nervous system by reducing stress, tension and anxiety. It is also has many anti-inflammatory properties.