Gluten Free Cranberry Bread
8 T unsalted butter, room temperature
1 C granulated sugar (or coconut sugar), plus 1 additional Tablespoon
3 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
2 1⁄2 C All purpose gluten free flour mix (w/xanthum gum)
1 tsp. baking powder
1⁄2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3/5 tsp salt
2/3 C coconut milk
1⁄4 C plain yogurt or sour cream
Zest of 1 orange
10 oz. fresh cranberries, halved
1⁄4 C raw pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease loaf pan with butter or coconut oil.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer combine sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add milk, yogurt, and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking power, cinnamon and salt.
- Coat the cranberries with a light dusting of flour to prevent sinking during baking.
- Add flour mixture to liquid ingredients.
- Mix in cranberries and pumpkin seeds with a wooden spoon.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Sprinkle top with 1 tsp coconut sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour, turning at 30 minutes.
- Cool for 2 hours before slicing.