Gluten Free Blueberry Lemon Bread
1 ¼ C Gluten Free flour mix
½ C coconut or almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
6 tsp butter, room temperature
1 C sugar (or coconut sugar) plus 1 additional Tablespoon
1 T lemon zest
2 eggs, room temperature
½ C warm milk
1 ½ C fresh blueberries (1 C frozen)
- Preheat oven to 325o. Grease loaf pan with butter or coconut oil.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer combine sugar, eggs, butter and lemon zest. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flours, baking power, and salt.
- Coat the blueberries with a light dusting of flour to prevent sinking during baking.
- Add flour mixture to liquid ingredients, alternate with warm milk.
- Fold in blueberries with a wooden spoon
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Sprinkle top with 1 tsp coconut sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour, turning at 30 minutes.
- Cool for 2 hours before slicing.