Coconut Chia Pudding
1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
1 C Plain Yogurt
½ Cup Coconut or Nut Milk
1 tsp Maple Syrup
1 Tablespoon Coconut flakes, unsweetened
¼ tsp. Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Fresh Fruit (topping)
Prepare the night before:
- Combine Chia Seeds, Yogurt and Milk in a sealable container to make Chia Pudding.
In the morning:
- Mix Chia Pudding with Syrup, Coconut Flakes, Cinnamon.
- Top with Fresh Fruit.
- Plain Yogurt is wonderful fermented food and is great for anyone because of it’s Probiotic cultures. Yogurt is a great source of protein and has many supportive nutrients like Omega-3, Omega-6, B12 (only animal-sourced yogurt) and Riboflavin. However be very careful in selecting yogurt, there can be a lot of hidden sugars that can impact hyperactivity.
- Coconut Flakes are an amazing super food! It contains medium chain fatty acids which are easily absorbed in the gastrointestinal track and are converted to energy easily in the body. Coconut also contains Iron which help support dopamine for proper brain function. Choose coconut flakes that are unsweetened and that do not contain propylene glycol (a chemical used in antifreeze) Murray, 423. Always store in a cool place, like the refrigerator to maintain freshness.
- Chia Seeds: These little seeds are packed with power. They are high in fiber, containing 10g in 2 tablespoons. They also contain Omega-3 fatty acids with 5g per 2 tablespoons. Omega 3 help support brain structure and function, especially dopamine. Chia Seeds also contain Zinc which is also an important mineral that support neurotransmitters.