1 C Almond Flour
¼ tsp Himalayan Salt
¼ c Coconut Oil
2 T raw Honey
2 T Water
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
½ C Unsweetened Coconut*
½ C raw Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
½ C raw Sunflower Seeds
¼ C Slivered Almonds*
¼ C Raisins*
¼ C Dark Chocolate Chips
- In a food processor, combine flour and salt
- Pulse oil, honey, water & vanilla
- Pulse coconut, seeds, nuts, raisins and chips until dough forms
- Press dough into 8x8 baking dish
- Bake at 350o for 20 minutes
- Cool for ~2 hours serve
* Can be substituted for other nuts, seeds or dried fruit. Experiment tasty options!
- Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas): Are an incredible super food. They may be small, but they are strong in nutritional value. These are high in fiber (12g per cup) and Omega-3s (9g per cup). Pepitas also provide essential vitamins such as Folate and minerals like Potassium, Copper, Zinc and Magnesium; which participates in a wide range of vitally important physiological functions, including the creation of ATP (adenosine triphosphate, the energy molecules of your body), the synthesis of RNA and DNA, the pumping of your heart, proper bone and tooth health, relaxation of your blood vessels, while helping to maintain proper bowel function.
- Sunflower Seeds: High in dietary fiber (6.7g) they also have stress fighters like Vitamin C (1.3mg) and Iron (2.91mg). They contain ALA (n-2 fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid) which supports the heart. They also contain protein which is important in maintaining liver health and 1/3 cup of sunflower seeds contains 11 grams of protein. The are a rich source of polyphenols that help remove destructive oxidants from the liver and pancreas, which is critical in managing hypoglycemia.
- Honey: Raw honey has been shown to help bile obstruction which can lead to liver damage and larger health issues. It has also been shown to help control blood sugar and glucose production in people with diabetes. Impaired glucose production can be one component that leads to fatty liver disease. Honey has magnesium, zinc, and potassium to name a few minerals. It also has polyphenols that act as antioxidants that can protect the body from free radical damage.